Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wednesday, June 28, 2007

Brady woke up with a fever. David went golfing and Lindsay went to camp. Poor Brady.

We were supposed to get a babysitter and go out to Michelle's Restaurant tonight but we canceled. David dropped off Lindsay at camp and I took Brady for a long walk in the stroller since that is what he likes to do when he does not feel good. I took the path from our hotel past three lagoons (all similar to ours) over to the JW Marriott, where Lindsay's camp is. I peeked in the window and she was making perler beads and seemed happy so I did not let her see me.
Brady and I then walked back to our hotel. This was a 1.5 mile walk and I will admit it to beone of the four times I exercised on the trip. As we approached our hotel, Brady wanted to get out of the stroller. He proceeded to borrow a toy cart that was abandoned on the grass area of the beach and load leaves into it and then take the leaves to the trash can and put the leaves inside the trash can. He did this for about an hour, each time announcing "I did it!"

Lindsay made a kite in camp and flew it around the grass area when she came back. She was so proud of herself. Brady also attempted to fly the kite, without as much success. That night, Lindsay and I were going to have a Girls Only dinner but Brady stood by the door saying "outside" so we let him come with us, despite his fever. We went to the outside restaurant by the ocean so as not to infect many others (yes, I was one of the mother's I hate). Despite his fever (and because of Children's Motrin), Brady had a great time at dinner, or for the portion of dinner he attended. After about fifteen minutes of dinner, Brady decided to hang out at the foot washing station and washed the sand off his feet for about an hour.




Then, he and Linday danced to the solo guitarist/singer on the grass area by the restaurant, entertaining all of the other diners. Lindsay asked him to play her favorite Hawaiian song, "Pearly Shells" but he said that they only play that song in Waikiki (in other words, it's a toursist's song).







No comments: